Thursday, October 31, 2013

Garlic Mushrooms for Meatless Thursday



It took me a few years to come around the idea to even try a mushroom. I always found them slimy and watery. It wasn't until I followed my mother's recipe but cooked it on a very high heat till they were  very crispy. I cannot believe what I was missing.  I love mushrooms now, in every shape and form.
This  is a tweaked version of my mum's recipe.

With mushrooms at their peak give it a try, I wish my dad lived in the UK, he is the best mushroom picker in the world,,, I bought this at a farmer market but nothing beats seeing my dad come home with basket full to the brim.


Heat some butter in a large pan oven a high heat until  is melted. Add your mushrooms when the butter is foaming. Cook without turning until they are crispy. Don't worry, mushrooms have a lot of water, it will take a lot to burn them.


Add your garlic and rosemary in the last few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and good squeeze of lemon juice. Serve it straight away. I love to drizzle some good extra-virgin olive oil. Get some good bread to dunk in the sauce...




To make this you will need:
75g unsalted butter
400g mushrooms, cut into slices.
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
A squeeze of lemon juice
Extra-virgin olive oil
Your favourite bread

Heat some butter in a large pan oven a high heat until is melted. Add your mushrooms when the butter is foaming. Cook without turning until they are crispy.

Add your garlic and rosemary in the last few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and good squeeze of lemon juice. Serve it straight away. I love to drizzle some good extra-virgin olive oil.



10 comments:

  1. Oh these look so tasty. I love mushrooms, so I just know I will love this! x

    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms but this looks delicious! I just might have to try it!

    www.atgatsbys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you get them crispy! thanks for the comment.Marisaxx

      Delete
  3. Scrumptious! A tasty combination.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosa, your photos are amazing! Marisa.xx

      Delete
  4. omg!!!! i love mushrooms ! great ideas throughout the blog!!!
    I have to follow for ideas :)
    Xoxo
    Patinka
    patinkasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovelyyy! shall we follow by facebook and bloglovin?
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete