Friday, November 29, 2013

Edible Christmas Gifts Part 1, Roasted Almonds



Christmas is just in a few weeks and I cannot wait! Christmas is my favourite time of the year. I get to go back to Spain and see all my family and friends.
But before going is time to think about presents of all kinds, but specially the edible ones.
I love to give edible gifts for Christmas. I always make some for my daughter's teachers.

These almonds will keep for a couple of weeks in a cellophane bag or longer in an air-proof jar. They are great with drinks too.So happy making or eating.


You will need:
500g blanched whole almonds ( I used Spanish Marcona almonds)
2 tbsp sea salt

Heat a pan on a high heat and add the almonds.
Shake the pan to avoid burning them until they turn golden.
Sprinkle with a little water. This will dry out and will make the salt cling to the nuts.
Sprinkle with the sea salt, tossing to ensure that they are all well coated.
Shake the pan for a few for minutes and they are ready.
Spread the almonds on some kitchen or baking paper until they are cool if you are giving them as presents  or serve straight away.







2 comments:

  1. Roasted almonds is what it's all about! We recently had some with caramel and they were absolutely delicious.

    { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started on the sweet version,,,,should have done both..Thanks for reading.Marisa.x

    ReplyDelete