Saturday, November 30, 2013

Edible Christmas Gifts Part 2, Cinnamon Sugar Pastry Wheels




I bring you another idea for an edible gift. I am sure you can find a more elaborate method for these beauties but mine is very simple, well my daughter makes them on her own.
I buy a pretty plate and make it part of the gift.
 


Ingredients
Plain flour, for dusting
1 x 320g ready roll puff pastry
75g golden caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
2 tsp ground cinnamon

My version is very simple:

Preheat the oven to 200C. 

On a floured surface (I use the blue film that comes with the pastry), roll out the pastry to a rectangle. Or leave as it rolls out.



Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the pastry and roll it over with the rolling pin. 


Roll the rectangle from the short side to make a sausage and Chill for 10 minutes until firm.



Cut into slices with a serrated knife
and lay flat-side down on tray lined with baking parchment and press them lightly.

Chill for 20 minutes.

Sprinkle with some more sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes. 




7 comments:

  1. This is an excellent recipe/project for the little ones, Marisa! I think my daughter and I will try it this weekend. I happen to have a couple boxes of frozen puff pastry. And the gift with the plate included is perfect. Teachers and bus drivers would be delighted to receive them for Christmas. Thanks for the idea! xoxo, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie, My daughter loves making them.Marisaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovelovelove! shall we follow by facebook and bloglovin?
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, you can follow me on either, which is easier for you? you can also follow me by email.Thanks for reading.Marisa.xx

      Delete
  4. Ahh they look amazing! What a lovely gift :) I did a similar post on edible christmas gifts I made one year - http://www.jennafifi.co.uk/2011/12/getting-creative-for-christmas.html
    Jenna x
    www.jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jenna, I had a look at your post last year and they look fab. Marisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are actually one my favourite treats and I had no idea that they seem fairly easy to make! I'll definitely be giving these a try x

    ReplyDelete